Brew House

 Local History Museum

The building behind the North Wing of Towneley Hall was built by Charles Towneley (1737-1805) as a brew house in 1790. After it was taken over by Burnley Corporation in 1902 it fell into disrepair but in the years 1969 to 1971 it was carefully restored and converted into a Museum of Local Crafts and Industries, with the help of the Towneley Hall Society. It is now known as the Local History Museum.


Author: tk - August 2016