The Decorative Arts Room is in the North Tower is accessed from the Jacobean staircase and is inaccessible to wheelchair users. It is used to display parts of the Ceramics collection. In an inventory in 1871 is was called the stair room or governess' bedroom. It was only opened as a museum display room in 2002, previously being used as a store room or office. In the Second World War it was used as a rest room by the fire watchers and became known as “The Sleeping Room”.