Della Robbia Pottery

Della Robbia was a pottery manufacturing in Birkenhead between 1894 and 1906. In 1983 the Museum purchased four items of Della Robbia pottery to complement the collection of Pilkington Royal Lancastrian pottery. The bequest of the large Nuttall collection of Pilkington pottery in 1984 rather overshadowed the Della Robbia purchase and no further Della Robbia pieces have been purchased since.


Author: tk - August 2016