The room on the south corner of the Great Hall was known as the Green Parlour in the 18th century. In 1871 it was called the Hall bedroom. During the 20th century it was first the Committee Room and later the Office. In 2002, with the opening of the New Wing, it was used for the first time as an exhibition room. Initially it provided interpretation of the building and was called the Orientation Room. In 2008 it was re-decorated and used to display furniture, taking the old name of the Green Parlour to emphasise its location above the Priest's Hide. In more recent times it has been closed up, being used as the bar store when private events take place in the Great Hall.