The Vestments Room is the area on the first floor of the north wing going either into the Chapel or to the Family Dining Room. Earlier inventories label the section shown to be partitioned in the 1902 heating plan as the ante-room next to the chapel. In 1905 this lath and plaster partition was removed and the area as a whole was known as the room adjoining the chapel. In 1910 it was used to display part of the Egyptology collection. The Whalley Abbey Vestments were displayed from 1923 and the room was called the Vestments Room in the 1984 guide book.